First Aid Level 3 Training Course
- Unit Standard
This course is designed to expand on the knowledge gained in First Aid level one (1) by giving the participant more extensive medical terminology and a more detailed understanding of the human body and why things happen.
This course is ideal for team leaders of:
- Emergency Response Teams (ERTs)
- Medical Teams
- First Responders ( Firemen/Police)
- Security Professionals ( Armed response/CPOs )
- Life Guards
Unit Standard 120496
A wide range of subjects is covered including:
- The emergency situation
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Basic life support - CPR & AED
- Bleeding & wounds
- Musco-skeletal injuries - fractures & joints
- Head & spinal injuries
- Various injuries, chest, hand, ear, eye, pelvic, abdominal & crush injuries
- Medical emergencies - diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, anaphylaxis & cardiac
- Burn wounds
- Poisoning, bites & stings
- Environmental illness & injuries
- Emergency childbirth
- Behavioral & disabled patients
- Transport methods
- Grade 9 education level or equivalent.
- Valid Level One (1) First Aid Certificate - please submit proof with registration.
Total hours for First Aid Level Three (3) is 24 hours.
Course is held over three (3) days.
Per person R910.00
Subject to assessment, all participants will be issued with a First Aid Level Three (3) certificate approved by the MerSETA ( Skills Education Training Authorities).
This qualification is valid for Three (3) years which can be renewed.