SHE-Rep Training Course
- Unit Standard
This training course is designed to provide appointed and proposed health and safety representatives an overview of causes and effects of accidents, legal perspective, roles and functions of health and safety reps and health and safety committees, investigations and enquiries.
Unit Standard 120344
- Introduction to Occupational Health & Safety (OHS)
- Overview of the OHS ACT (no 85 of 1993)
- General Safety & Administrative Regulations
- Workplace OHS Legislation
- Conduct SHE activities in the workplace
- Address OHS concerns in the workplace
- Functions / responsibilities of a SHE REP
- Inspections / risk assessment
- Injury / accident reporting
- Health & Safety committees
- Employer & employee responsibilities
Read, write & understand English.
Math literacy ( ABET Level 3 - Grade 7 )
Grade 11 Certificate
Total hours for this course is twenty (20) hours.
The course is held over two & half (2.5) days.
Per person R890.00
Subject to assessment, all participants will be issued with a SHE-Rep Certificate approved by the MerSETA (Skills, Education & Training Authorities)
This qualification is valid for Two (2) years which can be renewed.